Sous Chef/ Kitchen Manager - Clevelander South Beach
Company: The Clevelander Hotel
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 7, 2021
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for coordinating
activities of and directing the training of chefs, cooks, and other
kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an
efficient and profitable food service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food
surpluses and leftovers, taking into account a probable number of
guests, marketing conditions, the popularity of various dishes, and
recency of menu.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions of
foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes, determines food, labor, and
overhead costs, and assigns prices to menu items.
- Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates
their assignments to ensure economical and timely food
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of
portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in the
- Tests cooked foods by tasting and smelling them.
- Devises special dishes and develops recipes.
- Familiarizes newly hired Chefs and Cooks with practices of
kitchen and oversees the training of Cook Apprentices.
- Supports Area Director of Food & Beverage in developing BOH
budgets, preparation for forecast calls, and cost management
- Establishes and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards for
- Manages and controls food, labor, and equipment expenses to be
in line with budget and forecast.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or
one to two years of related experience and/or training, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, and registrations required: ServSafe
- Computer skills required: ( Internet Software; Manufacturing
Software; Payroll Systems; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Contract
Management Systems; Human Resource Systems; Inventory Software;
Order Processing Systems; Word Processing Software (Word);
Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation software
(PowerPoint); and Publisher software.
- Other skills required:
- Proven working experience as a Head Chef.
- Highly proficient in local and state Health Department
sanitation/food safety codes & requirements.
- Excellent record of kitchen management.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while
meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with
Keywords: The Clevelander Hotel, Miami Beach , Sous Chef/ Kitchen Manager - Clevelander South Beach, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!