Registered Nurse Float Pool
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Registered Nurse - Floater
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the
breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is
dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse
community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent
not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community
of more than 4,000 employees and 500 volunteers
We provide world-class care:
- The only hospital in Miami-Dade to be named one of the nation's
100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as
cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and
patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient
- Adheres to and complies with all regulatory standards globally
to profession and specific to unit.
- Understands all new physician orders must be implemented within
two hours of initiation for routine and within 30 minutes or less
- Understands and is able to prepare patient for invasive and /
or non invasive medical procedures ensuring universal protocol
- Understands and is able to administer medication per physicians
orders adhering to the hospital approved patient identifiers,
following the 5 rights of patient medication administration.
- Utilizes chain of command to communicate changes in patient
condition and initiate timely interventions to prevent negative
- Maintains current licensure and annual competencies as specific
to assignment, keeping written evidence on file at all times.
- Ensures and understands the safety aspect of clinical
- Follows Patient Safety goals as established by the department;
supports effective responses to adverse and sentinel events;
provides an on-going proactive approach to reduce risk; integrates
patient safety as a priority into new and existing processes.
- Reports incidents to supervisor and Risk Management department
within required timeframe in accordance with medical center policy.
Follows the completion of incident reporting policy.
- Complies with current Hospital security and safety
- All other tasks as related to the position's duties.
- Graduate from an accredited College of Nursing. ASN required.
- Current/Valid Florida RN Licensure
- BLS and ACLS required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an RN inclusive of exposure
to critical care.
- Excellent bedside manner.
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our
employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that
fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site childcare & Mater School grades K-3
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach, Miami Beach , Registered Nurse Float Pool, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!