Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Physical Therapist I
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the
breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is
dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse
community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent
not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community
of more than 4,000 employees and 500 volunteers
We provide world-class care:
- The only hospital in Miami-Dade to be named one of the nation's
100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as
cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and
patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient
- Initiates and/or completes patient assessment, following time
frames established in departmental guidelines, to determine
treatment required and completes documentation as observed by
supervisor or during chart review.
- Performs thorough assessment of patient's functional conditions
to set plan of treatment with appropriate short and long-term
- Documents charges with each initial evaluation and daily
treatment as appropriate and as observed by supervisor and other
- Completes Outcome Measure scores for admission, goal setting
and discharge within departmental policies and procedures in a
- Modifies treatment approach based on patient's reaction to it
and reassesses outcome as observed by supervisor.
- Fits, trains and educates patients in use of assistive devices,
DME/adaptive equipment and ensures that all equipment is ordered,
received and measured to fit each patient as observed by supervisor
and as documented in the chart.
- Performs training in functional activities (negotiation of
architectural barriers, transfers, job task requirements, etc.) to
have patient reach highest level of independence.
- Provides written instructions, training and education as needed
to all patient's/family member/caretakers, in a timely manner, as
evidenced by documentation of such in the patient's chart.
- Participates in the clinical education program (student
program) as reported by the coordinator for clinical
- Current Florida State PT License. CPR Certification.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program in
accordance with state licensing requirements
- Entry level. Successful completion of undergraduate
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our
employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that
fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site childcare & Mater School grades K-3
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach, Miami Beach , Physical Therapist, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!