Lead MRI Technologist
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Lead MRI Technologist
Shift: Monday to Friday 3:00PM-11:30PM
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the
breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is
dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse
community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent
not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community
of more than 4,000 employees and 500 volunteers
We provide world-class care:
- The only hospital in Miami-Dade to be named one of the nation's
100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as
cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and
patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient
- Oversees and supervises technologists and technical assistants
in the daily performance of assigned job responsibilities.
- Plans proper staffing in conjunction with patient volume,
departmental needs and reviews same with Manager or Director.
- Recommends and participates in the hiring, promotion,
disciplinary action, and termination process of assigned personnel
to the Manager and Director.
- Trains, evaluates, counsels and reviews actions of assigned
personnel and reports findings to Manager or Director as
- Performs and documents quality assurance procedures, to include
data, procedure/workload volume reports, and any other assigned
reports or documentation as requested.
- Attends monthly lead's meetings, as well as any additional
required meetings, as requested or scheduled by the Manager or
- Performs diagnostic procedures on a daily basis, employing
specific technical skill level required to produce quality
diagnostic images on all equipment with minimal error rate.
- Assists Radiologist/Cardiologist/physician in patient care
- Instructs students, both clinically and didactically in all
phases of Diagnostic Imaging, as requested by Director.
- On a daily basis, runs pending work report for department of
responsibility for ordered, checked-in and technically incomplete
studies in order to assure timeliness & completion of all
- Maintains regular contact with Manager, Director, physicians
and other health care personnel regarding procedures performed
within the department or equipment failure that may affect the
delivery of patient care.
- Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologist (ARRT) and hold a current Florida General Radiographer
license from the Department of HRS, Radiation Control.
- Graduate of an AMA Accredited Educational Radiologic Technology
Program for Radiologic Technology or equivalent.
- Must have at least 5 years of clinical experience at the staff
technologist level, one year in are of MRI specialty, preferably in
a hospital setting. Must possess effective communications kills,
good judgment and problem solving skills. Ability to plan,
organize, direct and control activity.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper us of necessary computer
programs, particularly the HBOC Star Radiology Program.
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our
employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that
fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site childcare & Mater School grades K-3
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach, Miami Beach , Lead MRI Technologist, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!