Company: Fisher Island Club
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Responsible for food production needed for banquet functions and
private parties. Accountable for all food costs for banquet
functions. Supervise production personnel used for banquet events.
Assist Sous Chef with Executive Chef's responsibilities during the
- Manages food production including menu planning, costing,
execution and employee supervision for banquet functions including
holiday buffets, Sunday brunch and other special occasions.
- When requested, assists with production of daily specials for
- Assists in the hiring, training and ongoing supervision
including scheduling of all employees involved with banquet food
- Assists or relieves the Sous Chef whenever reduced banquet
- Serves on the Banquet Function Committee to assist in the
planning of food-related aspects of each special event.
- Establishes and adheres to food cost goals for banquet
functions; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that
financial goals are attained.
- Attends departmental staff meetings.
- Assures that food quality standards and pre-determined costs
are attained on all banquet functions.
- Sets-up plating line for functions and assists with plating
- Performs other special, ad hoc duties as requested by the
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training
- A minimum of three years in a food preparation position
encompassing all phases of food preparation and kitchen
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs,
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Work in hot, humid and noisy environment
This description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working
conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks
be performed when circumstances (changes in personnel, workload,
rush jobs, emergencies, or technological developments) change.
Keywords: Fisher Island Club, Miami Beach , Banquet Chef, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!