Monitor Technician Telemetry
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Monitor Technician - Telemetry , FT Days / Nights
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the
breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is
dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse
community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent
not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community
of more than 4,000 employees and 500 volunteers
We provide world-class care:
- The only hospital in Miami-Dade to be named one of the nation's
100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as
cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and
patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient
- Gives/accepts shift report to provide accurate and current
patient information with each shift change.
- Assists with the answering of unit telephones patient call
lights and/or visitor inquiries in a professional and courteous
- Keeps assigned work area neat and clean at all times. Provides
for the safe and proper disposal of monitor batteries.
- Pulls six (6) seconds strips every four (4) hours - or as often
as needed with documentation of rate and rhythm to capture
arrhythmias and/or changes in the patient's rhythm. Immediately
reports any change to the charge nurse.
- Ensures patient's safety by accurately identifying patient's
name and room number on post strips.
- Ensures that central screens are monitored at all times.
- Facilitates proper utilization of telemetry by alerting the
charge nurse of missing orders and/or prolonged monitoring of
- Immediately informs Biomedical Engineering of any
malfunctioning equipment and maintains appropriate records of
- Communicates and coordinates with environmental services when
area needs cleaning and/or dead battery receptacle is in need of
- Cooperates in temporary reassignment to other units/tasks when
necessary to meet patient care needs.
- Assists in orientation of new staff members.
- Keeps alarms on at all times with appropriate high and low
- Assures that the assigned telemetry box is on the assigned
patient; knows location of all unit transmitter boxes and includes
in change of shift report.
- Knows location of all monitored patients at all times.
- Understands normal parameters for safe monitoring of patient
(newborn infant children adolescent adult and geriatric) and
collaborates with the charge nurse for individual settings.
- Changes batteries and/or leads of patient monitoring devices as
- Informs Registered Nurse if leads need to be changed on
- Cleans telemetry packs when patient is discharged.
- Suspends alarms when patient leaves the unit and resumes as
- Willingly participates in educational opportunities.
- One year monitor technician experience preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Successful completion of
didactic and clinical base EKG examinations.
- Score of 90% or better on rhythm test.
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our
employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that
fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site childcare & Mater School grades K-3
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach, Miami Beach , Monitor Technician Telemetry, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!