Patient Access Rep PD
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Patient Access Rep Pd
Weekends - Saturday/Sundays
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the
breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is
dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse
community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent
not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community
of more than 4,000 employees.
We provide world-class care:
- Named one of America's 250 Best Hospitals for 2020 and 2021 by
Healthgrades, positioning Mount Sinai among the top 5% of hospitals
in the nation for overall clinical excellence.
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as
cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and
patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient
- Collects accurate and complete patient information (i.e.. legal
name permanent/local address phone number next of kin employer
guarantor insurance information physician etc. and enters in the
system within the established time frames.
- Verifies and enters completed insurance information which
includes eligibility benefits (i.e.. Deductibles co-payments out of
pocket expenses maximum lifetime coverage
exclusion/limitations/pre-existing conditions etc.) in the
insurance verification screen and note fields and obtains
appropriate referrals pre-certification and/or authorizations for
all patient as follows: scheduled patients no later that 24 hours.
Unscheduled patients at point of service within the established
- Ensures that a copy of insurance cards front and back as well
as a copy of a picture ID is obtained and scanned.
- After completion of registration process ensures that an
identification bracelet has been placed on all patients. Before
placing I.D. bracelet confirm patient Name and Date of Birth.
- Insures all patients are rebanded with the inpatient armbands
when information is provided by bed control. Before rebanding check
the I.D. bracelet to insure patient name DOB and physician is
- Provide and explain all registration documents (i.e.. General
consent forms Advance Directive information Patient Rights
information and Privacy Notice information billing and finanical
- After completion of registration process ensures all
registration documents as well as orders accompany the patient to
the appropriate area (i.e.. Nursing units ancillary departments
etc.). Communicates all pertinent information regarding the patient
to the appropriate departments patient care units.
- Prior to the end of shift conducts self-audit of all
registration to insure that information is accurate and complete
maintaining less than 5% error ratio. Assisting to maintain the
Patient Access monthly audit goal of 100%. Audit includes opt out
information correct insurance plans authorization ID numbers
Patient Types Duplicate Medical Record Numbers ACHA and MSP
- Consistently demonstrates a clear understanding of departmental
needs and job functions as assigned by department Manager and/or
Team Leader Supervisor.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of Compliance Advisor's
functionality as it relates to Medicare Compliance and accurately
enters diagnosis according to prescription to check for ABN
compliance. complete all MSP fields for medicare compliance
- Insure that every registration has attached correct procedure
diagnosis (noR/O) printed physician's name and address on
RX/referral and signature of doctor when indicated.
- Assist patient in understanding his/her insurance benefits and
explains hospital financial and deposit policies including up front
collections and follows established guidelines for up-front
collections and collects and disburses revenue ensuring at all
times 100% accuracy of all ledgers and receipts in accordance with
- Maintains compliance of Patient Access processes and Federal
State and Local Laws and regulatory standards (ACHA HIPPA Medicare
Medicaid EMTALA COBRA etc.).
- Demonstrates knowledge to view scheduling programs.
- Reviews HPF QCI and account before calling the physicain office
or ask patient for a prescription. Notifies Team Leader or Manager
on pending prescriptions at lease 24 hours prior to appointment
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of Avility Web MD and RTE
- Print and review the emergency department EQA/EQB worklist
every 15/30 minutes to maintain accurate registration times and
also to insure all pateints who have been triageda and
- Insure that every registration has attached the correct
prescription for procedure diagnosis (no R/O) hopsital name printed
physician's name address on RX/referral and signature of
- Pre-Registers 100% of patients scheduled no later than 24 hours
prior to date of service.
- Ensures that scheduled patients are called and given travel
preparation and insurance information before visit date.
- Verifies all non-staff physician against OIG list online.
- Ensures appropriate personnel are aware of onscheduled patients
and or add-ons.
- Consistenly demonstrate a clear understanding of departmental
needs and job functions as assigned by department manager and team
- Report incomplete task to immediate supervisor.
- Follow cash collection and cash receipts journal policy.
- Insure valuables are deposited and/or retrieved in accordance
with the valuables hospital policy.
- One year practical experience in computer usage.
- One year prior experience in registration collections and
insurance verifications preferred. Excellent communication and
customer service skills.
- High school graduate or equivalent level of training. Some
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our
employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that
fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site childcare & Mater School grades K-3
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach, Miami Beach , Patient Access Rep PD, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!