Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the
breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is
dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse
community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent
not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community
of more than 4,000 employees and 500 volunteers
We provide world-class care:
- The only hospital in Miami-Dade to be named one of the nation's
100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as
cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and
patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient
Accurately performs the assigned responsibility demonstrating
specific knowledge and competency in the respective role. Provides
a concept on assigned responsibilities.
Observes safety and compliance guidelines when operating
specialized equipment or performing specific routines / processes.
Follows appropriate departmental standards and practices.
Performs routine maintenance on general equipment or processes
as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager. Reports all equipment /
process malfunctions and areas of opportunity.
Assembles department related data for periodic reviews and/or
special projects as assigned.
Anticipates upcoming situations. Provides feedback on possible
action plans and outcomes.
Monitors the implementation of assigned tasks until the end.
Provides feedback on the outcome as required.
Verifies accuracy and validity of results. Prepares written
documentation as required by the role and the department.
- Follows the National Patient Safety goals as required:
- Improve accuracy of patient identification with at least two
identifiers (excluding patient's room number).
- Standardize a list of abbreviations, acronyms and symbols that
are not to be used throughout the organization.
- Measure, assess and, if appropriate, take action to improve the
timeliness of reporting, and the timeliness of receipt by the
responsible licensed caregiver, of critical test results and
- Implement a standardized approach to "hand off" communications,
including an opportunity to ask and respond to questions.
- Reduce the risk of health care-associated infections.
- Reduce the risk of patient harm resulting from falls.
Follows Patient Safety goals as established by the department;
supports effective responses to adverse and sentinel events;
provides an on-going proactive approach to reduce risk; integrates
patient safety as a priority into new and existing processes.
Is available to participate as a member of either Team A or Team
B of the Hurricane Activation Plan, as assigned.
Reports incidents to supervisor and Risk Management department
within required timeframe in accordance with medical center
Complies with current Hospital security and safety polices.
- All other tasks as assigned.
Licensed by the State of Florida (or eligible) in appropriate
specialties - national certification preferred.
Commensurate with licensure requirements
Completion of clinical training program
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our
employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that
fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site childcare & Mater School grades K-3
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach, Miami Beach , Histotechnologist, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!