Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Cardio Thoracic Physician Assistant
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the
breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is
dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse
community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and
research. Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private
independent not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit
community of more than 4,000 employees.
We provide world-class care:
- Named one of America's 250 Best Hospitals for 2020 and 2021 by
Healthgrades, positioning Mount Sinai among the top 5% of hospitals
in the nation for overall clinical excellence.
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as
cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and
patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient
- Facilitate preoperative procedure. Assist with placement of
invasive lines as needed. Harvest saphenous veins and radial
arteries and assist in the operating room as needed. Prepare
harvested saphenous vein/radial artery for coronary artery bypass
grafting including making and closing incisions.
- Preliminary Assessment of patients. Obtain complete history and
perform complete physical assessment on new patients. Review
current status/complaints. Performs physical assessment on all
patients with focus on cardiovascular system. Review results of
primary tests evaluating cardiovascular status. review results of
tests completed since last visit and note changes.
- Assist attending surgeon as either a first or second assistant.
participate in teaching fundamental operating room techniques
including aspect technique, trying knots, Hemostasis, tissue
handling, wound closure and operating room techniques.
- Act as a consultant to operating room and house staff personnel
concerning cardiac surgery protocols and patient care as designated
by the supervising physician.
- Under supervision of the surgeon, uses and demonstrates proper
legation and cutting of vessels.
- Performs appropriate surgical scrub procedure according to
- Alerts circulating nurse to any breaks in aseptic/sterile
technique and initiates corrective action as needed.
- Inspects all sterile trays for indicative changes prior to
placing on sterile field.
- Participates in insertion of catheters and/or lines, draping
and prepping of surgical patients as needed.
- Florida License required; Certification by the National
Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants desired; CPR
- Physician Assistant degree from an accredited program.
- Prior PA experience in cardio thoracic setting required.
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our
employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that
fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site childcare & Mater School grades K-3
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach, Miami Beach , Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!