FT Food Runner / Bazaar by Jose Andres - SLS South Beach ($250 SIGN ON BONUS)
Company: Morgans Hotel Group Co.
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 13, 2021
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives,
devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community
throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe. Visionaries at the
forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and
entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated
and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity,
sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our
time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on
values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the
world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and
around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife,
retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by
anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Restaurant Manager, assist in
ensuring efficient service of all food in Bazaar and provide guests
with exceptional service by assisting and supporting the wait
Duties & Functions:
- Must love and take care of guests!
- Must love and support their TEAM!
- Must say "yes" and "thank you" often!
- Runs all food from the kitchen to assigned table station and
other stations as needed
- Always uses position numbers
- Receives food and places hot food into warmers and cold food
and salads into reach-ins
- Keeps warmers/refrigerators clean throughout the shift
- Ensures that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive,
professional, gracious service at all times
- Anticipates guest needs, when possible, and provides extra
items, drinks, and condiments to the table
- Liaise with support staff to ensure communication at all times
about the wants and needs of the guest
- Understands the order taken and any changes to the menu
- Aware of all upcoming orders and status of tables expecting
- Serves water and non-alcoholic beverages to guests, removes
dirty dishes from tables
- Ensures that dining room is supplied with appropriate and clean
utensils, china, glassware, water, condiments, and anything else
that is necessary
- Assists the kitchen in expediting the service process in order
to maintain the flow of service throughout the dining room
- Performs all side work duties assigned and maintains the
cleanliness of the restaurant
- Responsible for taking, compiling and delivering orders for in
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to
provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking
voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate
actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations
and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team
and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and
venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience
and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary
operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the
particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social
responsibility goals of sbe are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and
any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any
personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire
Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with sbe's policies and procedures.
Assimilate into sbe's culture through understanding, supporting
and participating in all sbe elements. Demonstrate working
knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may
be established by sbe from time to time, is essential to the
successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry,
employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the
business needs of the property.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an
upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have
a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with
other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to
promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various
situations while also multitasking and handling stressful
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb
and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read,
write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the
year as needed, based upon business volumes.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when
performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your
health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE.
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any
assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective,
damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and
to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed.
Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without
assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of
clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation
Additional language ability preferred.
Keywords: Morgans Hotel Group Co., Miami Beach , FT Food Runner / Bazaar by Jose Andres - SLS South Beach ($250 SIGN ON BONUS), Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!