Medical Assistant Urology
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Medical Assistant I
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the
breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is
dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse
community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent
not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community
of more than 4,000 employees and 500 volunteers
We provide world-class care:
- The only hospital in Miami-Dade to be named one of the nation's
100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as
cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and
patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient
- Assists physician with basic procedures during patient
- Takes patient's vital signs as necessary
- Adheres to Universal precaution guidelines in the performance
of patient care activities.
- Monitors and manages patient schedule in order to ensure
optimal patient flow amongst physician.
- Greets and escort patient safely from the waiting area to
appropriate areas in the hospital.
- Understands and executes physician's preferred treatment
protocols when coordinating patient flow.
- Prepares and administers medication as instructed by the
physician; this includes the administration of injections.
- Ensures exam rooms are appropriately stocked with supplies and
equipment prior to physician seeing patients.
- Maintains appropriate par levels and inform supervisor when
reorders are necessary in order to avoid any shortage in
- Demonstrates appropriate medical knowledge and effectively
communicate instructions to patients.
- Ability to communicate to patients any procedures to be
performed and provide preparatory instructions and answer basic
questions as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and react to the unique
needs of the patients.
- Flexible to changes in work flow as needed.
- Maintain organized work areas in order to maximize
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper use/maintenance of all
equipment relative to the position.
- Maintains current licensing and certification necessary to
perform applicable job functions
- Possesses effective time management skills and assist other
staff members when appropriate.
- Remains calm and courteous when dealing with patients and staff
members consistently maintaining a professional appearance and
- Responds to telephone promptly preferably by the third ring and
repeat key information to ensure accurate transcribing of
- Demonstrates willingness to work overtime in times of hospital
or department emergency situations ( i.e. hurricane disaster alert
or staffing limitations).
- Maintains a complete understanding of Fire Safety and other
applicable departmental and hospital manuals.
- 2 Years Medical Assistant experience
- Completion of M.A. Training. High School or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification (ARMA or NHA equivalent)
- CPR certification required.
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our
employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that
fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site childcare & Mater School grades K-3
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach, Miami Beach , Medical Assistant Urology, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!