Mental Health Technician
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: June 13, 2021
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
DAY (7AM-7PM) AND NIGHT (7PM-7AM) SHIFTS AVAILABLE
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the
breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is
dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse
community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent
not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community
of more than 4,000 employees and 500 volunteers
We provide world-class care:
- The only hospital in Miami-Dade to be named one of the nation's
100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson HealthT
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as
cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and
patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient
Position Responsibilities :
- Provides basic level of psychiatric nursing care including
taking and documenting vital signs weight height abdominal girth;
assists with all aspects of direct patient care including providing
personal care and hygiene blood glucose testing administering
treatments and enemas.
- Observes and documents patient's condition and behavior and
reports significant changes including observed side effects of
medications to the appropriate authority ; observes a variety of
clinical problems and handles the less complex within the limits of
knowledge and authority.
- Participates actively in interdisciplinary meetings and assists
in developing implementing evaluating revising and documenting
interdisciplinary treatment plans; provides feedback concerning
patient responses problems and progress; provides alternative plans
for patients who are deemed inappropriate for typical groups
- Organizes schedules and facilitates individual and group
therapy education training leisure and/ or recreational activities
to deal constructively with patients' emotional psychological and
- Collaborates with other disciplines in facilitating programming
- Maintains and updates patients' records and prepares behavioral
and assessment summary reports to provide accurate current
information on patients' problems and progress on the unit and in
specific therapy and programming activities. Confers with the
treatment team and patient's family as applicable to provide
current direct observation reports and information updates.
- Meets with the patients to identify treatment needs and orients
patients to unit programming groups and activities. Maintains
therapeutic communication with patient. Gives re-direction and/or
reality re-orientation as needed.
- Takes admitting psychiatric histories and assists in on-going
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient environment. Performs
and documents patient safety rounds/ room checks following unit
policy and procedure. Monitors for suicide/ homicide/elopement
behaviors and reports them to RN immediately. Responds to codes
calmly and professionally.
- Adheres to the principles of non-violent crisis intervention
when dealing with aggressive patients. Assists in placing patient
in seclusion/ restraint and observes suicide/ seclusion
- Provides care to patients in seclusion/ restraint including but
not limited to:
- Offering food fluids and assisting with elimination needs
- Maintaining patient privacy
- Assists with transport transfer and discharge of patient
including the care of personal property and labeling. Accompany
patients to Baker Act court as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- At least 1 year experience caring for mentally ill and
emotionally disturbed adult patients.
- Behavioral Health Technician certification- preferred.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate within 6 months of
- CPR Certification required.
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center of Miami Beach, Miami Beach , Mental Health Technician, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!