Fitness & Spa Director
Company: WTS International
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: October 12, 2021
WTS International, one of the world’s leading spa, fitness and
leisure management firms, is seeking a Fitness & Spa Director for a
luxury residental Spa and Fitness Center in Miami South Beach!
The Fitness & Spa Director is responsible
for the day-to day operations of the facility to include:
establishing and meeting the budget and financial goals of the
organization, implementing a strategic plan to include marketing
initiatives and staff training, acting as the liaison to other
revenue centers on property, and professionally represents the
facility and WTS International. Uses the ability to lead and
motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed resident
This role requires exceptional customer
service skills and consistent training and leadership while
maintaining Forbes standards in a luxury environment. This
Director is responsible for scheduling Fitness and Spa Services to
include Pilates, personal training, group fitness schedule and spa
services including massage, esthetics and nails. Prior luxury
services experience highly preferred. Apply today for
immediately consideration and we offer exceptional opportunties for
internal advancement. Shine with WTS International!
- Ensures the “WTS Experience” for members and residents by
maintaining the standards set in WTS’ Basics to Excellence (BTE),
WTS’ Mission Statement/Values, Standards and Expectations,
and WTS’ Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual,
including written policies and procedures for all facility
services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS
- Uses a template to develop a monthly and yearly management
report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily
operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and
forwards recommended changes to the client with Account Executive’s
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting in accordance
with WTS policy.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures
and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility when
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of
professionalism and service demands.
- Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing,
hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and
benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by
conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use
of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system.
- Assesses all employees’ progress continually, trains employees,
coaches employees with positive reinforcement and disciplines
fairly and consistently, participates in annual performance
evaluations, and assists in the termination process when
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors resident
feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care
techniques. Supervises and follows up on resident requests
- Creates and implements an effective marketing and public
relations strategy in a timely manner.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or
residents, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Develops and oversees a monthly fitness class schedule tailored
to the ability and preference of the participating residents.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of
facility and makes necessary changes to stay within budgetary
- Ensures the successful integration of the spa and salon as well
as the fitness facility into the overall operations of the resident
- Ensures that the spa and fitness center is successfully
positioned within the respective marketplace by completing a
competitive analysis and determining strengths and weaknesses of
all significant competitors.
- Ensures that financial goals are attained by developing and
implementing a retail sales plan. Establishes service and retail
goals for staff and provides guidance on how to achieve
- Develops a schedule of seasonal utilization patterns to be used
in the budgeting process and effective payroll management.
- Specifies and controls efficient usage of professional products
for all services by completing a service cost analysis and
implementing an inventory control system.
- Provides necessary financial information to corporate and the
client’s accounting department for accurate reporting of daily
sales and financial performance.
- Ensures an effective inventory system with the par stock levels
implemented for spa, salon and fitness equipment and supplies.
- Ensures compliance with all state licensing and health
- Provides reservation procedures using spa software or a manual
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to
the Corporate Risk Management Department and WTS Operations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable spa management experience
- 3+ years of successful spa and fitness management
- Knowledge of professional spa and salon services and
- Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of
- Creative in marketing and promotions.
- Sales oriented.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to show initiative and make decisions.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and
- Proficient in spa software (Spa Biz, Spa Soft or Visual One)
and Microsoft Office products.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Must be in a physical condition to project the health and
wellness ideals of the spa and fitness environment.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of
constantly to move objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
- This position requires the following abilities: climbing,
balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking,
pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense,
repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools:
computer, calculators, office supplies, phone, paperwork, protocol
binders, retail inventory, all spa equipment, hot cabbies, paraffin
heaters, steamers, microcurrent machines, fitness equipment, and
- Work conditions include exposure to noise, vibrations, extreme
temperatures, wet or humid environments, burns, fumes, odors, dust,
mists, mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
WTS International, Inc.
is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to
having a diverse work force.
Keywords: WTS International, Miami Beach , Fitness & Spa Director, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!