API Management Platform Owner
Location: Miami Beach
Posted on: November 11, 2021
The API Management Platform Owner is responsible for defining
and maintaining the portfolio of products delivered via
infrastructure platforms in service of API Management and
application development using API Management. An infrastructure
platform is an integrated set of hardware and software capabilities
which delivers a catalog of infrastructure products to the
consumers of that platform. An infrastructure platform is used as a
base upon which other applications, processes and/or technologies
are delivered to the platform tenants and end users. The Assurant
infrastructure platforms are business critical enterprise
capabilities. These platforms underpin large volumes of our
revenue, and/or underpin the productivity of thousands of end
users. The API Management Product Owner ensures the continuous
improvement of these platforms, in terms of reliability,
scalability and new products and
The API Management Platform Owner has deep technical knowledge
of the API Management function and tools like Mulesoft Anypoint and
Azure APIM. The role is critical in bridging the current and future
requirements of the platform users to the technical teams that
develop and support the platform catalog of services. The role is
responsible for the lifecycle management of both the technologies
comprising the platform, and the products delivered by the
platform. The API Management Product Owner is responsible for
building and maintaining the backlog for the platform in line with
a long-term roadmap aligned to business value and technical
sustainability. This requires the role holder to actively research
and learn about current and future advancements in the platform
offerings, and the technologies that underpin the platform.
- The API Management Product Owner is responsible for the full
lifecycle of the infrastructure platform and its associated product
set: Azure APIM, Mulesoft Anypoint, and any other In-House or
Vendor Tool used as part of the API Management Platforms
- Works with Application Development, Solution, and Enterprise
architects to drive platform strategic roadmaps that prioritize
reliability, availability, and business value, using input from the
technology / vendor roadmap.
- Builds, maintains, and prioritizes the platform backlog for new
products and features, facilitating the prioritization of these
alongside investments in lifecycle management.
- Manages the platform catalog to control technical debt. Works
with the platform consumers to coordinate lifecycle management to
ensure that upgrades are performed ahead of products and features
- Facilitates compliance with all licenses, contracts,
subscriptions, and maintenance agreements relating to the
- Works with the platform consumers to understand future products
and features that are needed to increase the value of technology to
our business units. This includes driving the adoption of new
technologies and improving the technology experience for our end
users and customers.
- Establishes feedback loops for stakeholder and end user
experience via methods such as automated monitoring tools, surveys,
and user groups.
- Develops user stories which are delivered to the technical
teams that drive development and support for the platform.
- Partners with the technical platform resources to ensure
appropriate levels of engineering are in place for
failover/resilience and DR in line with business requirements.
- Partners with Operations to ensure robust and comprehensive
operational support models and procedures are in place for the
platform, across internal teams and external partners.
- Partners with Operations and Support Organizations to ensure
that the technologies underpinning the platform, and the products
delivered by the platform, are fully supported.
- Partners with support and risk organizations to ensure the
platform adheres to all compliance and regulatory
- Work with technology providers/vendors (e.g. Microsoft,
Salesforce, Oracle, etc.) to keep track of their own roadmaps.
Request for needed features, be prepared for product end of life
support, be an early adopter of new vendor tools capabilities which
can add value to our Business.
- Facilitate periodic meetings where the Platform Owner can share
news on the platform and present Case Studies
- Enable technical support forums and blogs where developers can
look for common solutions to platform adoption issues.
- 5+ Years of combined experience with Azure APIM, MuleSoft
Anypoint, and/or other API management tools and
- 3+ years of experience with source code development and
- Unit testing
- Code quality
- CI/CD pipelines
- Release Management
- 2+ years of experience in developing and maintaining cloud
infrastructure as code (IaC) for one or more API Management tools
- Experience with Business Case development and presentation
(LBC’s, ROI’s, TCO, etc.)
- Technical Road Map, Use Case Diagram, and Process Flow
development and presentation experience
- Heterogenous vendor tool integration experience
- Automated Code Quality and Coverage tools Automated Integration
- Service Now Integration
- Automated Dynamic analysis security tools (DAST) Automated
Static analysis security tools (SAST)
- Observability and Monitoring tooling (DataDog, Splunk,
- Provisioning and Configuration Management tooling (Terraform,
- API Documentation and testing tools
- APIs communication protocols (HTTP, REST, Soap, XML-RPC)
- API modelling languages (RAML, Swagger, OAS, json, xml)
- Web Content Management and Enterprise Content Management
- API Security standards like OAuth and OpenId Connect
- API design Patterns and Micro-services
- High level of effectively communication and collaboration
between various levels of the Enterprise, both technical and
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions
that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a
great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and
support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get
more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes.
Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of
experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Keywords: Assurant, Miami Beach , API Management Platform Owner, Other , Miami Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!